Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Year's Resolution


After reading an article in a recent edition of Reader’s Digest on how to create a realistic new year’s resolution, I decided to come out with my own goals. It will guide and motivate me to a fruitful year 2010. I secondary 2 now and it’s time to start the hard work and start doing things right. Victoria School has a very competitive atmosphere being a premier school. Regardless of academic, CCA and even leisure, do expect competition.  In this environment, we need a guideline to achieve what we desire for. Being in the RSP class, we expect to get lesser (or even no) rest time compared to the other Victorians in our cohort.

                Time management is an important factor in achieving your targets. We must find time to de-stress after a stressful day or week. Yet, we have to consider how not to let these de-stressing moments kill you in your studies. Yes, I can follow some people who rather skip CCA or extra lessons for LAN sessions but it will lead to addiction. Once addicted, you will have a tough time kicking it. Too much studies can result in you being anti-social as the saying goes “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” Balancing play and study is necessary in this stressful society.
  So, resolutions of 2010:
1)      Get a MSG of lower than 1.5 (current 1.9)
2)      Achieve a result good enough to land me a spot in a 4 year IP Programme.
3)      Achieve something for VS and Infocomm Club (last year was slacking)
4)      Increase my stamina for running to 3 and a half rounds of fast jog without stopping
5)      Get the red dots out of my face (and hopefully for life)
6)      Widen my social network
I hope that I can fulfil my goals and wishes all a fruitful 2010 ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment