Sunday, January 24, 2010

Love Fridays?




Fridays have always been the best day of the week for most students. However, this is not the case for me. I've got CCA till 6 and sometimes as late as 7. Living in Serangoon is a disadvantage got me as travelling takes 40 minutes and sometimes as long as an hour. Time is wasted on the road. I would be listening to music on my phone for the majority for the time but if necessary I will mug my books. (Usually learning听写 (Chinese spelling) lol!) 


Every morning I would wake up at 5.30am, complete the necessaries by 5.50am and wait for my bus at the bus stop. The first bus arrives at 6 to 6.05am. Why do I take the first bus? Because the following buses will be filled with people (usually Tanjong Katong Girls and Chung Cheng students) everyone was packed like sardines in a moving metal object. I will then have to wait for about 20 minutes into the bus ride (@ Tanjong Katong) then there will be seats available for me. 


Fridays are when most Victorians stay back for CCAs. I'm no exception. I went for Infocomm Club Games Day. We played some icebreakers with the sec 1s (was so boring... Time wasting) we wasted time till about 4 plus then some action finally came. (yay...) PT....(Physical Training) We ran a bit then drop down to do some stretching, push-ups, sit-ups and finally pull-ups (I did 4! My highest so far) we then went to the field for soccer only to see the field being used by the soccer team. We used the alternative location-- the tennis court. The sec 1s are a hopeless bunch of people with potential muscles (fats, sorry guys) except for a minority. They can’t run much, they can’t sustain during push-ups. Victoria School is famous for their all-rounded education. Pull up your socks, juniors!


We played a losing soccer game “short pants” vs. “long pants”. (lower secondary vs. upper secondary) We relied on mass defending to play: 10 to 15 players crowding in front of the goal. The seniors used long balls to try and penetrate our sea of defenders. The seniors broke the dead lock when Mustaqim headed a corner kick into our net. 1-nil was the final score. Losers have to complete 100 sit-ups. 


It was 6.30pm when we were dismissed. I rushed home as fast as I could. Through the heavily jammed Upper Paya Lebar Road.


I reached home at 7.30, took a bath, grabbed my packed dinner, Father picked me up and I left for Chinese tuition at Serangoon Gardens. I finished my dinner in a short 3 minutes in Dad's car! (I would only eat that fast if I want to play my computer)


My tuition ended at 9.30. I returned home, collapsed on my bed and slept till the next morning. 


What a Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment